Mustard Chicken Pasta Salad
Memorial Day is the time to picnic with friends and family, and our Mustard Chicken Pasta Salad is the perfect main course or side dish to serve!
Our easy gourmet dressing recipe is packed full of flavor and wonderfully complements our fresh and easy chicken pasta salad. Keep your salt and pepper in the cabinet because our mustard adds all the seasoning you'll need!
The Salad Fixings:
- 1 pound rotini or penne pasta (cooked and drained)
- 2 medium rotisserie chicken breasts
- 2 ripe avocados (pitted and diced)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons Sun Valley Chardonnay Mustard
The Dressing Fixings:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sun Valley Chardonnay Mustard
- 1 minced shallot (optional)
- In a large bowl, add avocado, onion, tomato, and 2 tablespoons Chardonnay Mustard. Toss until well combined.
- Add remaining salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl until well combined.
- Add minced shallot (optional) and Chardonnay mustard, stir and add to salad as desired. Put any remaining dressing in a jar and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- Toss salad and enjoy! Serves 6-8 people.
Note: The avocado, tomato, and onion can be swapped with your favorite vegetables. The salad works well with bell peppers, peas, broccoli, and zucchini.