Pesto Crostini Bites
Pesto makes the perfect holiday garnish for St. Patrick’s Day, adding vibrant green with a Sun Valley Mustard twist to your appetizer platter.
- 5 teaspoons Sun Valley Sweet Garlic Mustard
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces (or 3 cups, packed) basil leaves, stems removed
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 French baguette loaf
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Slice baguette into ¼-inch rounds and brush melted butter on each side with a basting brush.
- Bake until golden (about 15-20 minutes), turning crostini over if the undersides don’t brown. Let cool.
- In a food processor, combine the Sun Valley Mustard Sweet Garlic, walnuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, basil, and olive oil.
- Pulse for a few seconds, scrape down the sides, then blend for 60-90 seconds, or until the ingredients are well-blended with slight texture.
- Dollop a spoonful of pesto on each crostini, garnishing with fresh basil.
Note: The pesto can be made 5-7 days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.